Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 19 - Rainy Saturday

This weekend Mike went down to Rocky Point with his Brother and friends to golf for the weekend.  The boys and I had a fun weekend together, even though it rained.  We started off by taking Brett to his baseball practice that lasted for about an hour and a half.  It hadn't started raining yet, but it was blowing and sprinkling.  Josh and I (well mostly I) headed for the truck to get out of the weather and watched Spider Man in the back of the truck while we waited for Brett.  During one of the scary parts, Josh grabbed my hand for a little comfort.  After a minute, I realized what he had done so I snapped a picture of it.  They grow up so quickly and soon he will be too big to hold on to me during the scary parts. 


After Baseball, we headed home because it was really starting to blow around.  Leaves were scattered all around the lawn and street as a result of the Frozen Ficuses from the hard freeze we had a couple of weeks ago..  When we got out of the car, Josh grabbed a rake and started raking leaves.  I pretty much ignored him, because I thought it was a lost cause.   There was a storm brewing you know.  The next time I checked on him, I noticed our neighbor across the street had his Green Barrel out and a rake as well.  I told Brett to get a jacket on and go help with the leaves.  By the time I got out there, the neighbor had his wife helping too. After another 5 minutes we had 3 more neighborhood kids come down to help as well and we got about 3 Green barrels filled with leaves, just in time for it to start raining!

For dinner, Brett had been craving Panda Express so we hit that and then we saw "Never say Never" with Justin Beiber.  Surprise!  I really liked it!  Josh whistled the whole movie and Brett kept on commenting that he couldn't believe he hadn't been formally trained.  I told him that he might not have, but he practiced everyday!!  Jury is still out if he got the message.  What a great Saturday, a little work and a little play.  It was perfect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We took Maiya to see it Sat too, we all loved it!! Glad you had a great weekend!