Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 18 - Spots

Sorry, the last two posts I left in Edit Mode and did not publish, so I posted 16, 17 and 18 at the same time. 

Today, I went to the Dermatologist to do a "Spot" Check. otherwise known as a mole check but I like the word "Spot" much better.  I have a Spot on my back that has changed and I was worried about it, so I made an appointment.  I did the whole body look-see which was a little weird, but I was glad I did it.  The two places I was worried about ended up just being really just a cosmetic nuisance, so I had the Dr. freeze those puppies off.  I did however have a "Spot" that was suspicious that I would have never noticed.  The Dr. didn't like the look of it so she scraped it off and it is being sent in to be tested.  I was really glad I made the appointment.  Everyone needs to make a Spot Check appointment, you never know what they will find!

Also today, we had our house repainted.  After 13 years, it was time for a spruce up.  The painters started this morning and were finished by four o'clock, just in time for the rain that is forecasted for tomorrow.  Tonight at dinner (Peter Piper Pizza) as I was ready to leave, I picked up my bag and found a "Spot" on it.  What the heck!!  I first thought it was food, but on further inspection I noticed the spot looked like my new house paint color.  Oh My.  This is serious, very serious..  I don't want to ruin my bag, it was a special gift from Mike this Christmas. I really hope I can get it out without damaging the leather!! 

As I reflected on the severity of the two types of spots today, I was proud of myself that I had made my Dr.'s appointment a priority.  I was successful in removing a spot that could have caused me damage.   The other spot on my new bag, if I get it out or not, we will see.  But I am sure, life will go on.

Here is a picture of my Spot on the Bag, I think I will spare you a picture of the other Spots. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your posts!! I'm sure the paint will come off...leather is pretty indestructable, especially since it's darker. You reminded me I need a "spot" check too! Thx. LP