Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What a Weekend

We had a crazy weekend which had pretty much drained me. Friday I attended a funeral of a little girl who died of an inoperable brain tumor. Little kids funerals are always the hardest. You feel sadness for the life that was cut way too short here on earth, and the empty space they have left behind. The funeral was a tribute to an amazing spirit that has left a huge impression on a lot of people. For everyone that knew her, you can never look at Spongebob without thinking fondly of Miss Mila. I added her link to my page for all of you to check out...

Right after the funeral, I took Brett and a couple of his friends to "Chuck E. Cheese" for a birthday celebration. He turned 7 on Friday. Talk about a change of gears!! The boys had fun running around, playing games, eating pizza and of course Cake! Josh kept licking the side of the cake and when it was time to cut the cake, Brett's friends insisted they get the middle piece because they were sure Josh's tounge had not been there....

We came home from Chuck E Cheese and packed the car to head to Snowflake to join Mike's family for a funeral for his Grandmother. On the way up, of course Josh had a liitle too much frosting and threw up the leftovers all over the seat. Luckily, I was driving and Mike had to do the catching...

We finally reached our Destination and spent most of the evening reaquainting ourselves with relatives we have not seen for a very long time.

The next morning, we arrived at the church for the funeral. Of course we had to be there an hour before the service and that is too much down time for a bunch of cousins to be still and quiet. By the time the actual service began my boys and all other boys under the age of 8 were trying to keep themselves busy by playing cars and poking eachother. By the time we had assigned each child to an adult, it was Mike's turn on the program to give a few words about his Grandma. Right about now is the cue for Josh to say, "I go potty, I go potty now" UUHHHGG! So I stood up with him in the back of the church and tried to listen to Mike's comments while I distracted Josh long enough to hold off potty until Daddy was done.

After the service at the church, we headed for the cemetary. As we made our way to the gravesite, my kids sat down on the grass with the rest of the kids. Pretty soon, they were finding rocks to throw rocks down the hole of the gravesite so I had to move them to the back of the crowd. After a short time at the cemetary, we headed back to the church for the luncheon. The kids were all happy to run around together and enjoy eachother, then Josh spilled water all over the table and himself. Most kids would be fine, but Josh needed to change all his clothes...So luckily I had a change of clothes. As I carried him to the car, I stumbled and fell ( most people are not surprised by this) I saved Josh, but my knees got pretty banged up....

After the luncheon, the photographer came to take pictures of all the families, this is when I start panicking. So here we are taking a picture of our family and Grandpa and Brett makes faces and bunny ears at Grandpa.....Why is it my kid???? So of course, we resorted to cash to make sure that we got at least one good picture with Grandpa.

The rest of the weekend we spent with family, playing games, eating and catching up with those we haven't seen in a long time and probably won't see again for a while. We got home around 11:00 pm Monday evening, and had to wake up bright and early to laundry, swimming lessons, a little work and begin my week again.

No comments: