Friday, June 16, 2006

Josh's 2nd B-day

Happy Birthday Josh! Of course he got a car cake - unfortunately, I paid money for it. It was voted the ugliest cake by my brother. It truly looks like a"beehive" project. But, Josh was happy with it (I think). He loved blowing out the candles and in big brother style, Brett beat him too the candle blowing every time. (We had to restrain him a few times so Josh could get the satisfaction of blowing it out all by himself)

We did go swimming at Grandma's house for the birthday party. Josh started swimming lessons this summer, so he was ready to show off his swimming skills. After a week of swimming lessons, he could dive for the rings. I was shocked the first time the teacher shoved him down to the bottom of the pool to retrieve the rings. When Josh came up for air without any rings, she looked at me with a frown and said, "Aah, he didn't get a ring." I thought, What do you expect? He is just two and he is in shock he is being forced under the water by a stranger. But the second day of lessons, he got a ring. Every day since, it has been his favorite thing to do. I guess that is why we pay for swimming lessons, to let a stranger force them to hold their breathe under water.  Posted by Picasa

No comments: