Monday, June 13, 2011

From A to Z

Newsflash:  I am headed from Arizona to Zurich.  It is still hard to believe.  The idea started with my dear friend Andrea who is spending 2 months in France.  She invited anyone to come and visit.  I joked that I would go but did not really think I could swing it.  Well, Mike has a friend that works for US Airways that offered to give us buddy passes.  One thing led to another and it all started to fall into place.    

Each one of my siblings have spent a semester abroad in Europe.  During college, that was the last place I wanted to go, even though I was given the opportunity.   I know, I know..What was I thinking??.   For some reason, it did not appeal to me.  I could only look as far as New York and that was the end all for me. 

Mike and I have traveled around the US and Mexico a fair amount but we have never been to Europe.  This time I am headed out with my sister in law, Shay.  She is my travel companion this trip because Mike's work is not as flexible as I am.  :)

Our plan is to fly to Zurich and make our way through Switzerland, We will stop in Chamonix where Andrea is staying then plan a day trip to Milan and then head down to the French Riviera for a time I am sure we will never forget.

I wounder if anyone will speak Spanish, because I sure as heck don't know any French.

Adios Arizona,
Bonjour France

1 comment:

Diane... said...

did this already happen...YOU WENT TO EUROPE???? HOPE IT WAS/IS A GOOD TIME!!!! by the way, your Brett is a darn cute all star!!!!