Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh My ....

All kids say funny things, some kids say naughty things. Josh says funny and naughty things. His favorite thing to say right now is "Oh My Crap." The first few times I thought it was cute, and realized that I probably say "Crap" to often and I need to watch myself more closely. I thought it would only last a couple of weeks if I didn't give him any positive reinforcement. When I realized that he hasn't moved on to another phrase, I try to replace this one with another, more acceptable phrase like "Oh my goodness gracious" (a little long) "Oh my gosh" which is a little too boring for him. The funny/naughty thing is that he says it CONSTANTLY. For example, I say, "Josh, Rachel is coming over to play!" His response is "Oh my Crap!" Even, "We are going to McDonald's" again, his response is "Oh my Crap!" So I apologize to Kristen, who is his preschool teacher...I have tried to fix this issue all summer long and it has not resolved itself. I have to admit that I haven't shown myself to the Nursery leader in church, I don't even want to hear how he has corrupted an innocent child. Oh My Crap...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE!! Joshie, I love him! Try some soap or hot sauce. Lynda

Kim VanDerHoek said...

I love it! That is too funny! My son who is 2 1/2 has been calling everyone a party pooper for weeks now. We've tried ignoring it but, whenever we're out with him other people laugh when he says it to them! Ah well, I suppose I am a party pooper at heart.