Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm Back

Literally...I have had a bulging disc and could not touch my knees. It has been better for the last couple weeks, but I have been trying to make up for lost time. I have been doing Physical Therapy which is a Treat. It is not quite like a spa experience but I do get a massage each time I go. That and the fact that I can walk without pain keeps me going back.

My favorite memory of being immobile is my Kids begging for dinner. I got up and slopped some leftover casserole in a bowl and put it on the kitchen table. I went back to the couch and said, "Your dinner is in the kitchen, if you want it fine, if you don't, put it in the sink for your Dad to clean up!" Then after they ate dinner or whatever they could find, Brett came crying to me. He said, "Mom, Josh is throwing cars at me!" I responded with "Save yourself, lock yourself in your room and don't come out until the coast is clear."

I am sure I will be winning a prize for best parenting technique this year. It's Good to be Back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better! I love to hear the stories about Josh & Brett!!

The Reed Family said...

Haha that is so funny! I had no idea your back was hurt! You'll have to send Josh over to play so you can continue to relax!