Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Night Time Drama

I am ready to confess a big dark secret….Josh sleeps in our bed. Okay it is out, I am feeling better already. I really could use any advise from the moms out there who are in the same situation. I confess that I thought that parents were crazy for letting their kids sleep in their beds, but now I understand, so I am sorry for thinking this, but maybe I am a little crazy myself. Well I am done with this little sleeping arrangement and I am in need of a good night’s rest in a major way. So, I know I need to tackle this issue now rather than later. Here was my night last night.

9:30 pm
Josh goes to sleep in our bed (okay bad start), I move him to his bed at 10:00pm and am hoping for a couple hours rest before he realizes he is by himself and starts to scream bloody murder.

11:55pm
The jig is up and he comes screaming down the hall to come back to our bed. I meet him halfway and go back to his room. It takes 30 minutes to convince him to lay down in his bed with a sippie cup and a blanket and a promise that I will stay next to him (I am sitting next to his bed, not in it). He fiddles around for a little bit and finally falls asleep at 1:00pm.

1:45 am
Awake again, and out of his bed running down the hall. I again meet him halfway and go back to his bed. Again, I tell him I am right next to him and he falls asleep. I fall asleep too, on the floor. I wake up at 3:15 and go back to my bed.

4:00 am
Josh awake and screaming again, this time he is out of his bed and standing by his door screaming (no running down the hall). I pick him up and notice a wet pair of pajamas. Now I have to change his clothes and diaper. He is more awake and asks for more “dinks”. For a short moment of weakness I think of bringing him back to bed, but I let the temptation pass and put him back to his bed (away from the wet spot) I was not going to change sheets in the middle of this night!!

6:00 am
Josh is awake, not screaming and walks into my room. He wants “up” and I relent. I only have one hour more of sleep until I get up and I did not want to spend it sleeping on the floor in Josh’s room – I did not want to miss the alarm J

Hopefully, I won’t have to spend to many more nights of this – but I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

let the boy sleep in your bed! (did you ever see SNL herlily boy?) ha ha hey--no solutions here--i still got a couple that try to sleep with me--they'll be good for a week and then come in. notice i am up at 4 a.m. could he sleep with brett? good luck!